Monday, February 21, 2011

If There's One Thing I Should Learn, It's Not to be Blinded by False Sense of Security

I should probably use Microsoft Word for SpellCheck and correct grammar, but no I won't, as I feel like posting RIGHT THIS INSTANT (okay, that didn't mean to be in caps lock).
Don't get me wrong. I hate run-ons, (some) fragments, and other English mistakes too. But this is more important(?).
I might add images later. Make it more easier to read & give readers breaks. But not now. Later.

Back to the point. I need to stop being blinded by a false sense of security.

This morning, there was a Social Studies review test on Post-Napoleonic Era, AKA 'Congress of Vienna, and How Nationalism brought Conservatism crumbling down'. (I could've put it better, but no.)
Now, don't get me wrong; I did review it. All last night, cramming it into my poor little tired brain which was trying to be creative in making this weird gender-bending story about a boy who turned into a girl.
Back to the point. So I shredded through the review test about the Congress and how Belgium and Greece were awesome and bashed for their independence and won. I don't know how long I took. I don't care how long I took. All that matteres is that I've finished and gotten a review test out of the way.
So ticking that off the to-do list.

After much enjoyment in watching Mythbusters during Science class and busily thinking of Rube Goldberg and his awesomeness, the happiness drained out of my much worn-out body as the review test monster numero deux appeared: in the form of a French media review test.
Bah, humbug. Shredded through that too. Don't even remember what I added. I don't care. That's two review tests out; no more for today!

And then, post-lunch-happy-break, the terror. Computers/Information Technology.
Don't get me wrong. I love computers, sort of. I love Word and Photoshop 7, and occasionally dream of making super-cool pictures/animations with my pitiful mouse and my newly installed super-awesome/badass Adobe CS4.
Which I cannot get used to.
The fact that the 'history' box of the Photoshop CS4 has disappeared didn't help. I'm still not used to this new 'CS4'. I don't care how many tools it has. If I can't get it to work, it'll only be as useful as a cup of hot tea in the middle of the desert.
We're supposed to use Flash to make animations about various computer concepts. So I'm trying to coax my Flash to work and make my animation's storyboard magically come alive. It doesn't.
And then I have a mental breakdown and start (mentally) to mangle Adobe Flash into nothingness.

After school I complain about how my tooth hurts for no particular reason other than to bother me, when something new hits.
I don't have that much homework!
And this is where I must, as I always tell myself, always be careful, because there is this valuable quote that Mr. T has always provided us:


And well put. I specifically know that if I do not do some of my 'other due date homework' during my 'today's-homework-done-free-time!' free time, I will in the end perish under the load of 'that homework' and the new 'today's homework'.
And now look: I'm busily reading 'Hyperbole and a Half' posts while writing a blog post without any effort to be proper and neat. I even think I once decided to be all proper and 'gentlemanly' and learn the ways of being a 'gentleman' - no swearing and being well-mannered in general.
You know what? I think I'll party first then pull myself together. Which means until I broke into the finish line of 'school' and head into the 'race of freedom/holiday', I'll be too busy to mind my conduct.
So until the holidays, gentleman's conduct, adieu.

--
Point. What is this 'point' of which you speak? *shifty eyes*

I'm serious. I will later have pictures in here to make it pretty. But later.

No comments: