Friday, November 19, 2010

Deactivation... & Realisation

I did something I had never thought I would ever do one year ago.
I deactivated an account on the internet. And no, I am not quitting my blog.
I have 'killed' my account on DeviantART. Why? I have no idea. But I was somehow feeling dA wasn't helpful and felt like it.
One of the things you must be prepared for before deactivating your dA account is the mascot looking at you tearfully, asking if you really wanted to deactivate your account. You'll need to have a hard heart and be absolutely certain about your decision if you are serious about deactivating. If you don't, you'll feel sympathetic about the sad mascot and stay. I faltered for a moment before firmly clicking the 'yes' button.
If any of the watchers in dA (either enraged, sad, confused, etc) are reading this right now, please do not ask me why I left/tell me to return/toss comments of outrage & cusswords into my page. I will not answer to either of them; it is my decision, after all. I have the right to decide and do things my way, even if it may upset people. (I don't really see why people would miss me, seeing I hardly updated) The fact whether or not I will return to dA is unknown. I might, later (emphasis on the 'later'), but not now.
--
And about the other thing; realisation...
There are two parts to this:
1) I hardly updated & wrote my drabbles. It has already heaped up to 26 drabbles, and now due to my fear I am not doing anything.
2) I sometimes have to realise that people will be reading my blog. Well, not really. But what Mr. T told us about universities looking at a student's website/etc (Facebook is no exception) pulled me from my dreamy state of what pasta to eat for dinner and back to my senses. I really need to do something about my blog. Tidy it up a little, perhaps.
One day on dA a person told me my fanfiction wasn't as good as I thought it was and was basically things spewed all over the intenet put together. And now that I re-look at it, I can't help but think person was right.
I have now come to a decision to have 'tidy-up day' and clean out all of the bad posts and make my blog look amicable. But perhaps I'll leave 'Drunk Today, Remember Me Tomorrow' out just until tomorrow, as I have actually created another version for chapter two.
The rest of the weird posts will be tossed out and deleted.

Just thought about warning people.

No comments: